CNI Recruiting Job Number: 1665
Job Summary: Exciting programming position in high-demand direct mail market segment. Analyze client needs and generate required code. Perform complex data manipulation, code review and data validation. Troubleshoot issues and improve performance as needed.
Company Description: One of the largest Direct Mail Companies in the Midwest. Has been providing reliable service to a wide range of verticals for over 50 years. Experiencing rapid growth. Innovative, leading edge technology, committed to continuous improvement. Friendly, helpful, team oriented work environment.
Candidate Location: Bedford Park, IL.
Compensation: $70-90k per year, depending on competence and experience.
• Analyze client data needs for direct mail jobs. This includes selecting, sorting, formatting and manipulating data to meet client and U.S. postal requirements for mail certification.
• Program direct mail jobs, including letter setup, lay out variables fields with static text and graphics and merge setup with data for laser/inkjet printing.
• Generate printer output to cut sheet, continuous and inkjet printers.
• Perform code review and data validation.
• Troubleshoot issues and improve performance.
• Direct Mail programming experience.
• Experience with GMC, Inspire, BCC Postal Software, Access, Excel, Word, Acrobat, Photoshop.
• Experience with Visual Basic, C++, C#, batch processing or data management is a plus.
• Generate files for MCS inkjet equipment.
• Knowledge of postal regulations and Direct Mail Marketing (DMM).
• Process customer data files for postal qualification, including CASS (last 4 zip code digits), NCOA (national change of address database) and presort.
• Experience with File Transfer Protocol (FTP).
• Ability to utilize “off the shelf” software to create direct mail output files for the printing process.
• Writing data manipulation applications.
• Attention to detail.
• College degree in Computer Science or related technical field preferred.
Benefits: Medical, Prescription and Dental Insurance (Employee paid) 401k plan (no match); 12 days PTO, 6 paid holidays.