Job summary: Business development for design, development and manufacturing projects for medical devices and consumer healthcare products. Account management for new clients sold. Call on CEOs, VPs, Directors of Engineering and Purchasing and other decision makers and influencers. Monitor new technologies, customers, and industry trends. Participate in development of the company’s sales strategy. Great opportunity for personal growth.
Our Client: Fast growing medical device and consumer healthcare product design, development and manufacturing company. Well known and respected. Solid customer base with significant repeat business.
Customers: Medical device companies.
Territory: New York City, Northern NJ, Eastern PA, Southern CT.
Compensation: $90-100k base salary + commissions. Total comp $125-175k at goal, commissions are not capped.
Candidate location: In territory.
Travel: 40%, limited overnight travel.
• Achieve annual sales goals.
• Manage full sales cycle including lead development via tradeshows, email, telephone mail and referrals.
• Act as project and business liaison with the client.
• Identify client needs and demonstrate a compelling solution through customized presentations.
• Map opportunities and decision-makers within prospective accounts.
• Build successful relationships with key personnel at all levels of client organization.
• Understand competitive landscape.
• B.S. degree in engineering or science.
• 3+ years successful track record selling to the medical device industry.
• Experience in engineering and/or manufacturing sales.
• Working knowledge of medical product development, pre-clinical testing, design for manufacturing, pilot manufacturing, new and existing medical procedures and clinical requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong presentation and persuasion skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal and client interface skills.
• Demonstrated leadership and ability to work effectively with senior health care executives.
• Experienced with proposal preparation.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project and CRM.
• Ability to think strategically, innovate and apply technical knowledge to business process.
• Capable of professional growth.
Job number: 1711