Job Number: 1836
Job Summary: Corporate Director of Purchasing for a leading commercial refrigeration company in the Chicago Area. 5 TO 7 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN PURCHASING AND SOURCING FOR A MID TO LARGE COMMERCIAL REFRIGERATION SERVICE COMPANY IS REQUIRED. Manage and mentor a dynamic team of 5 purchasing professionals. Compensation $140 – 160k with bonus potential of 20%. Reports to the COO. 20% travel.
Company Description: Our client is a leader in the commercial refrigeration industry with an emphasis on large customers including the fortune 500. The company has over 400 employees, is growing rapidly, and has provided quality products and services for over 10 years. The work environment is informal, helpful, and friendly. Management is very employee centric. For example the company pays the full cost of health care and dental insurance for employees and their families or domestic partners. The company is committed to honesty and integrity in their customer, employee and vendor relationships.
- Manage and mentor a dynamic team of 5 purchasing professionals.
- Establish and maintain performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities to include supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels, Accounts Payable performance, and material shortage elimination.
- Measure and report on supplier performance and the progress of corrective actions if required.
- Negotiate and execute purchase orders and vendor contracts.
- Ensure inventory is maintained to the optimum level to support “one and done” metrics.
- Develop and implement commodity/supply chain strategies for all commodities, services and supplier processes to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardization.
- Improve supply chain efficiencies and reduce the cost of supply chain management.
- Build and maintain relationships with suppliers.
- Develop a vendor base that creates and sustains a competitive advantage.
- Initiate and manage materials savings projects.
- 5 to 7 years experience in Purchasing & Sourcing for a mid to large B2B refrigeration service company.
- Track record of increasing responsibilities.
- 2-4 years most recent experience related to the HVAC/R industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing, Production/Operations Management, or Engineering or equivalent business experience.
- Strong computer skills, prefer experience with Windows-based PC programs.
- Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts within the company to achieve objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task
- Track record of meeting target dates.
- Ability to identify processes needing improvement and to recommend and implement improvements.
- Health Insurance: Coverage is provided through a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO plan. Company pays the cost of the insurance for the employee and family or domestic partner.
- Dental Insurance: Coverage is provided through Blue Cross Blue Shield Dental PPO. Company pays the cost of the insurance.
- Life Insurance: $15,000 of coverage is provided through Principle Financial. Company pays the cost of the insurance.
- Optional Insurance: Voluntary Dental (High Plan), Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, and additional Life Insurance.
- HSA Plan: The Health Savings Account (HSA) plan allows reimbursement of certain qualified medical expenses on a pre-tax basis.
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plan: 100% match of up to 4% of salary. Eligibilty starts after 90 days of continuous employment on the first of January, April, July and October. Vesting is immediate.