We all want everyone on our team to be effective listeners. The following are some simple listening hints that you may want to share:
(1) Talk less than you listen. Don’t jump into the conversation at every pause.
(2) Ask questions. If you don’t understand something, it is important to address it as soon as possible.
(3) Active listening. Be attentive and relaxed during conversations and maintain eye contact. The use of a nod, or saying “I see” or “I understand”, helps improve connection.
(4) Body language. Remember that your facial expressions and other body language can disclose what you are thinking and how you are reacting to what you hear.
(5) Test of reversal. Think about how the person that you are talking to will react to what you are about to say.
You may want to remind your staff that effective listening helps build relationships, solve problems, improve understanding, and resolve conflicts.
If you would like to read other helpful articles, please visit the CNI Recruiting Blog. If you require assistance in achieving your recruiting goals, please visit www.cnirecruiting.com or contact me today.
As part of our commitment to achieving world-class service, CNI Recruiting publishes and shares periodic articles of interest.