JOB NUMBER: 1838
JOB SUMMARY: Exciting Network Engineer position in a Managed Security Services, Internet Connectivity and Colocation Service environment. Location is Chicago, IL. Work with a wide variety of variety of equipment and technologies, i.e. Cisco, Fortinet, etc. Significant personal growth opportunity. Work with and learn from Senior Network Engineers. New position.
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Leading Managed Services, Internet Connectivity and Colocation Service Provider. Twenty-five year history of quality technology products and services. Excels at risk mitigation, data protection, compliance and WAN and LAN design and implementation. Customers are small, medium and large companies, including publicly traded firms. Management is customer and employee centric. Informal, team-oriented, helpful work environment.
- Design and install enterprise local and wide area networks
- Configure and deploy switches and routers
- Perform add/drop changes to existing firewalls
- Troubleshoot and resolve enterprise network issues
- Respond to after hours emergencies on a rotating basis
- Minimum two years IT experience including…
- Switch configuration and deployment (Cisco and HP preferred)
- Router protocol deployments (ie. OSPF, BGP, etc.)
- Configuring firewalls (Palo Alto preferred)
- Site-to-site and client-to-site VPN deployments
- Firewall management and control policies
- IP protocol analysis and troubleshooting
- Excellent written communications and problem solving skills
- Health and Dental Insurance: PPO, company contribution 70% for employee and 50% for family (other percentages for other plans)
- Wellness program
- PTO: 8 company holidays, 2 weeks paid vacation, 1 week paid sick time, additional vacation after 4 years employment.
- 401-k and Profit Sharing plan