JOB NUMBER: 1910
JOB SUMMARY: This position facilitates the effective ordering of products and services and ensures that supply commitments and business needs are met. It supports other employees to clarify needs, evaluate and assist with determining suppliers, generate and place orders, and manage ongoing supplier interactions. Job location is Glendale, IL. Salary is $40-50k.
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Leader in the commercial refrigeration industry with an emphasis on large customers including fortune 500. The company has over 400 employees, is growing rapidly, and has provided quality products and services for over 10 years. The work environment is informal, helpful, and friendly. Management is very employee centric. For example the company pays the full cost of health care and dental insurance for employees and their families or domestic partners. The company is committed to honesty and integrity in their customer, employee and vendor relationships.
- Procure correct materials.
- Compare material and components based on cost, quality, specifications, availability, and lead time.
- Learn all active and potential vendor locations in a 50 mile radius of all construction jobsites.
- Electronically document all material purchases for various construction trades.
- Monitor and maintain construction material inventory thresholds, turns, and back orders.
- Arrange vendor deliveries of construction material to job sites on a Just In Time or same day basis.
- Rent construction equipment such as forklifts, scissor lifts, cranes, generators, welders, jobsite storage containers, trailers, dumpsters and coordinate jobsite deliveries with vendors.
- Supply vendors with jobsite addresses and contacts to facilitate deliveries.
- Schedule end of jobsite pickups consisting of tools, rented equipment, supplies, and material.
- Actively communicate with the entire construction department until projects are completed.
- Minimum of one year purchasing or inventory control experience.
- Knowledge of construction order shorthand and abbreviations.
- Attention to detail, mature judgment and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to generate reports and summaries from raw data.
- Use of analytical abilities to problem solve and anticipate departmental requirements.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced department and be able to prioritize order requests.
- Ability to evaluate material orders and determine if there are any missing or incorrect components.
- Fast learner.
- Always gets the job done.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with ERP systems, especially SAP.
- 3 years purchasing experience.
- Associate Degree.
- Health Insurance: Coverage is provided through a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO plan. Company pays the cost of the insurance for the employee and family or domestic partner.
- Dental Insurance: Coverage is provided through Blue Cross Blue Shield Dental PPO. Company pays the cost of the insurance.
- Life Insurance: $15,000 of coverage is provided through Principle Financial. Company pays the cost of the insurance.
- Optional Insurance: Voluntary Dental (High Plan), Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, and additional Life Insurance.
- HSA Plan: The Health Savings Account (HSA) plan allows reimbursement of certain qualified medical expenses on a pre-tax basis.
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plan: 100% match of up to 4% of salary. Eligibilty starts after 90 days of continuous employment on the first of January, April, July and October. Vesting is immediate.