THIS JOB WAS FILLED BY CNI RECRUITING
JOB NUMBER 1919
Manage a small Quality Assurance department for a defense manufacturing company in Valencia, CA. Primary products are tactical military Environmental Control Units and Mobile Generators. Pleasant, professional, dynamic, and entrepreneurial work environment where creativity is encouraged. Reports to President. Salary is $120,000 per year.
- Manage all aspects of the Quality Department including two Quality Inspectors.
- Review customer requirements and ensure that they are met.
- Coordinate with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers.
- Define quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff.
- Monitor performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports regarding the performance of the Quality Management System.
- Review all customer quality requirements and flow downs to ensure compliance and identify any cost or schedule impacts.
- Review and assign quality requirements for all subcontracts and supplier purchase orders.
- Coordinate with Manufacturing to establish and maintain a certification program for key manufacturing skills.
- Support preparation of first article and production acceptance test procedures to efficiently ensure compliance with contractual requirements.
- Prepare and update quality assurance procedures.
- Maintain and improve product quality by completing internal audits; investigating customer complaints; and collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs and manufacturing and training methods.
- Subject Matter Expert and Mentor on the Quality Management System, including performing root cause analysis and determining corrective actions to ensure effectiveness.
- Provide a cross-discipline interface with Engineering with particular focus on process and product quality and organizational improvement.
- Drive continuous improvement through innovative improvements in the company’s methods and provide quality improvement expertise and leadership to adjacent functions.
- Ensure the Quality Management System is in compliance with the latest version of ISO 9001.
- Facilitate implementation of AS9100.
- 5 years’ minimum of quality engineering experience including the supervision of quality assurance personnel in a busy defense oriented manufacturing environment.
- Experience with manufacturing in accordance with Military Standards and Specifications.
- Experience with ISO 9001-2008 including design and AS9100 Certification.
- ASQ CQM or CMQ/OE certification.
- Hands-on, organized, proactive and great work ethic.
- Accepts, creates and drives change.
- Strong understanding of Configuration and Document Control.
- In order to conform to Government technology export regulations (ITAR), applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents (Green Card holders).
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, vision and life insurance, vacation, paid holidays, 401K with company matching and profit sharing.