BASEBALL AND BUSINESS
As we watch the 2014 World Series, we are reminded that winning in baseball and business requires not only talented team members, but also great leadership. The following are some leadership strategies to consider:
1. Hire right. Prepare a written job description that lists all of your requirements and hire only Candidates who meet the requirements. Don’t settle.
2. Invest in your talent with training programs that will develop the skills that they need to do their job.
3. Establish clear organizational goals and communicate the goals and the organization’s performance on an ongoing basis.
4. Recognize employees who contribute to achieving established goals. Emphasize informal as well as formal recognition. Leaders at all levels should remember to say thank you.
5. Encourage employee feedback and listen to it. Take appropriate action whenever possible to achieve suggestions for improvement. If action is not possible, explain why.
6. Foster an environment of trust and remember that trust must be earned.
If you would like to read other helpful articles, please visit the CNI Recruiting Blog. If you require assistance in achieving your recruiting goals or obtaining the right position please visit www.cnirecruiting.com or contact me.